1. No lawyer or group of lawyers has the authority to redefine marriage, and the verdict Friday, 26 Jun 2015, does not change the God ordained reality of marriage. God was not defeated in this ruling, nor was he defeated on the Cross, and every marriage will be judged according to biblical grounds on the last day. Nothing will prevail against him (Prov 21:30) and nothing will frustrate His plan. Daniel 4:35, “All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And among the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’
2. The Word of God has pronounced judgment on any nation that would reclassify evil as good, darkness as light, and bitter as sweet (Isaiah 5:20). As a nation, America continues to put herself in the crosshairs of judgment. This decision has simply accelerated the rate of decline. A country will not rise above the morality of its citizens, and the majority of Americans don’t have a biblical worldview. As a proclaimer of truth, the preacher, teacher, and all believers, are responsible for never compromising on these issues. In every way we must stand firm.
3. Religious liberty is not promised in the Bible. In America, the church of Jesus Christ has enjoyed unprecedented freedom. This is changing, and the new normal may include persecution that is new to us. The standards that shaped Western culture and American society have given way to practical atheism and moral relativism. There has never been a more important time for gifted men to help lead the church by capably handling the Word of God, Scripture (Eph 6:17).
4. Marriage is not the ultimate battleground, and our enemies are not the men and women who seek to destroy it (2 Cor 10:4). The battleground is the Gospel. Be careful not to replace patience, love, and prayer with bitterness, hatred, and politics. We must remember that when we forgive we are never more like God who, through Jesus Christ, forgave us.
5. Romans 1 clearly identifies the evidence for the wrath of God on a nation: sexual immorality followed by homosexual immorality culminating in a reprobate mind. This most recent step reminds us that God’s wrath has come in full. We now see reprobate minds at every level of leadership – in the Supreme Court, the presidency, cabinet, legislature, press and culture. If our diagnosis is in line with Romans 1 then we must also follow the prescription found in Romans 1 – we are not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God unto salvation! In this day it is the pastor’s duty and calling to strengthen the church, families, and gospel testimony by shedding the pragmatic nonsense that distracts the church from its mission given by God. Homosexuals – like all other sinful lifestyles/acts – need to be warned of impending eternal judgment and lovingly offered the forgiveness, grace and new life through repentance and faith in the lord Jesus Christ